Best situation in Bettmeralp: Central but quiet, easy-to-reach while ski-in-ski-out, this sunny 2-bedroom and 2-bathroom apartment has a large south-facing balcony and many extra's such as WiFi, Internet-TV, new mattrasses and bedding, etc.
This stylish 4-star-superior holiday apartment has sunny south-facing balcony with an amazing view of the southern Walliser Alps, among them the famous Matterhorn, the Mischabel-mountain range and the Simplon. it is situated next to the "Maria zum Schnee" chapel, the landmark of Bettmeralp. The apartment offers among others free Wifi, Smart TV and new beds/matrasses.
In winter the ski lifts are easily accessible from the apartment. For intermediate skiers the apartment offers ski-in & ski-out. For beginning skiers the chairlift and children-paradise are in close proximity, resp. 300m and 150m by foot. Skiing back home is very easy for all. From the house-balcony on the 1st floor you can oversee the children's slope.
In the summer the location is an ideal starting point for beautiful hikes in the amazing Aletsch region with the famous Aletsch glacier. And the Bettmersee with boathouse brings a wonderful cooldown after a long hike.
This well-maintained 3½-room non-smoking apartment (62m2) is located on the ground floor and can be reached without a lift.
The apartment offers:
- A living room with dining-corner, sofa, two comfortable leather armchairs, as well as a smart TV (internet). The furnishing is of good quality, well kept and stylish.
- Two bedrooms:
- One with a double bed plus private bathroom
- One with two single beds
- Two bathrooms:
- One with bath, washbasin, WC and bidet
- One with shower, washbasin and WC.
- More than complete kitchen with cooking area, oven, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, filter coffee maker, toaster, water cooker, fondue set, raclette set, etc.
- Free WIFI
- Large south facing balcony with great view
- All rooms have floor heating with additional heating where needed
- The building holds a ski storage room and cleaning room with a washing machine and a dryer
The apartment offers all comfort for families and friends (max 5 persons of which 4 adults maximum) in order to feel comfortable. On request we also rent a baby cot (CHF 50.00 / week).
Village centre is about 2 minutes walk where you will find bakery, groceries, banks, sport shops, restaurants, bar-disco, butcher, massage, pharmacy, kiosk, coiffeur-salon, mini golf course, etc. etc
The sports centre Bachtla with indoor swimming pool is about 10 minutes walk. Our guests enjoy free entrance.
- Summer activities:
- Golf course (9-18 holes) in Riederalp (20 min.), in Obergesteln (20 min.) and 8 more golf courses, all within one driving hour.
- Hiking paradise Aletsch Arena offers many hiking possibilities up to 3000 meters altitude.
- Rope Garden Baschweri for young and old.
- Pro Natura Centre Aletsch and Villa Cassel located right next to the Aletsch Gletscher. The erstwhile summer residence of the English banker Cassel, where he received many famous people such as Winston Churchill. Villa Cassel is the starting point for various theme trails such as the Cassel Trail, the Moraine Trail or high altitude hikes in the Aletsch region.
- Mountain biking. Several numerous routes (http://bike.intermaps.ch/aletsch/)
- Climbing school with excursion and climbing courses
- Parachute and delta schools
- Bettmer-lake with boathouse which you can rent a boat for the day or hour.
- Sport and fitness center Bachtla
- Find minerals
- Swimming in Fiesch, Breiten near Mörel (saltwater bath), Reckingen (outdoor swimming pool), Naters and Brig (thermal bath). The Brigerbad is the largest frei-thermal bath of the Alps with different baths with different temperatures (27 ˚C to 37 ˚C) and an extremely long and high slide (182 meters long). A must-do activity for families with children! Further information: http://www.thermalbad-wallis.ch/en/
- Aletsch Halbmarathon in June.