From the Fiescheralp mountain station, head east to Lake Märjelensee via Salzgäb and Oberes Tälli (through the illuminated tunnel). Once you reach the Gletscherstube mountain restaurant, follow the path via Märjelenwang and Stock down to the Burghütte mountain hut and on to the Aspi-Titter suspension bridge. This section of the route is relatively demanding and steep – you’ll need to watch your step. By this point you’ll have covered an altitude difference of roughly 600 metres. You’ll then need a head for heights to get across the suspension bridge. Once you reach the other side, continue downhill via Obflie, Ried and Gasse to Bellwald village centre. From there, take the cable car down to Fürgangen and the train back to Fiesch.
- 14,11 km
- 4 hours 50 minutes
- 457 m
- 1108 m
- start: Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car Fiesch-Eggishorn
- destination: Bellwald
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car Fiesch-Eggishorn
Fiescheralp – Märjelensee – Märjelenwang – Burghütte – Aspi-Titter Hängebrücke – Bellwald
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Crossing the Aspi-Titter Bridge requires sure-footedness and a head for heights.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
You’ll deserve a rest in the Burghütte after tackling the steep descent! With a little luck, you might even spot an ibex through your binoculars.
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then on foot to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher
Aletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58