The trail starts above Fiesch and leads you along the valley of Fieschertal to “Titter”. There the Aspi-Titter suspension bridge spans the 120m-deep white-water gorge. The view from the 160m-long suspension bridge into the depths below is stunning. Tip: Enjoy a break in the “Titterhütte” hut before crossing the bridge. The short but steep climb awaiting you on the other side is easier if you’re feeling refreshed. Sure-footedness and a head for heights are a must on this section, which takes you up to the highest point of the hike! From there you walk to Bellwald and continue down via Fürgangen to the second suspension bridge of the tour: the 280m-long Goms Bridge crosses the wild young Rhone, which rushes by 92m below. On the other side of the valley, the restaurants in Mühlebach offer you the chance to fortify yourself for the final stage of the six-hour circular hike through Ernen and back to Fiesch.
- 17,85 km
- 5 hours 58 minutes
- 1827 m
- 1008 m
- start: Hotel du Glacier, Fiesch
- destination: Hotel du Glacier, Fiesch
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
- Loop Road
Hotel du Glacier, Fiesch
Hotel du Glacier, Fiesch
Fiesch - Fieschertal - Aspi-Titter suspension bridge - Bellwald - Fürgangen - Goms-Bridge - Mühlebach - Ernen - Fiesch
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Crossing the Aspi-Titter Bridge and the Goms Bridge requires sure-footedness and a head for heights.
- Always pay attention to warning and information signs en route.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
After crossing the Aspi-Titter bridge, turn left towards “Schranni” for some fabulous views of the Fiesch Glacier!
Take Cantonal Road 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, on foot to the start of the tour (Hotel du Glacier) in Fiesch village centre.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher / 1270 Binntal
Aletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58