The starting point of the themed trail is the middle station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car on Fiescheralp. The Gogwärgiweg trail takes you along the historic Herrenweg track downhill to Fiesch, 1,150m below. You follow in the footsteps of the Gogwärgini – industrious little dwarves who once lived all over Upper Valais: the ten Gogwärgi stations entertain young and old alike with dwarf stories handed down from previous generations, revealing many secrets of nature through play. One highlight of the varied trail is the stone pyramid, or Gogwärgiturm, halfway along the route, where it is said that the Gogwärgini of Fiesch once lived.
Themed trail: Gogwärgi (“Dwarf”) Trail from Fiescheralp to Fiesch
- 6,46 km
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 m
- 2212 m
- 1050 m
- start: Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car
- destination: Fiesch, Birchiweg
- Street (5%)
- Hiking Trail (95%)
Good to know
Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car
Fiescheralp - Fiescherstafel - Fiesch
Summer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Visit Aletsch Zoo in Fiesch and bring a lovely day with the family to a perfect end!
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then on foot to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher