From Riederalp Mitte, head eastwards to the Gletscherbahn Moosfluh valley station. Take the cable car up to the starting point of the hike at Moosfluh view point. The ridge path now leads westwards via Hohfluh onto Riederfurka, to the imposing Villa Cassel. Along the Adventure Trail, five stations give you the opportunity to dive deeper into the world of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The informative, acoustic and playful presentations look at the themes of Wilderness and Civilisation – the Nature Reserve and Alpine Farming – Water Shortage and Reservoirs – the Gratzug and Poor Souls – Nature Conservation and Tourism. Several beautiful lookout points turn this easy themed trail into a real experience. The last stage of the hike is the descent from Riederfurka down to Riederalp.
Themed Adventure Trail (ridge path) from Moosfluh to Riederfurka
- 6,72 km
- 2 hours 40 minutes
- 457 m
- 2333 m
- 1878 m
- start: Riederalp, top station of aerial cable car Mitte
- destination: Riederalp West
- Street (12%)
- Hiking Trail (22%)
- Path (39%)
- Lift (27%)
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
- Loop Road
Riederalp, top station of aerial cable car Mitte
Riederalp Mitte - Moosfluh – Hohfluh - Riederfurka – Riederalp West
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
The exhibition and alpine garden at the Nature Conservation Centre in Villa Cassel on Riederfurka are well worth seeing! Be sure to plan a visit!
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Mörel-Filet, then on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Riederalp.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher