Set off to the west from Bettmeralp cable car mountain station and you’ll reach the valley station of the Gletscherbahn Moosfluh combi-lift in about 25 minutes. It’s then just a few minutes by gondola up to Moosfluh view point – a fantastic vantage point overlooking the Great Aletsch Glacier as well as the start of the sledge run. From there you sledge back down to Bettmeralp via “Scheene Bodu” and Lake Bettmersee. Accompanying you all the way down the high-speed sledge run: fabulous views of the Valais mountains. Please note: sledges can be hired at the local sports stores.
Sledge run Moosfluh – Bettmeralp
- 2,68 km
- 16 minutes
- 2329 m
- 2010 m
- start: Bettmeralp, top station of aerial cable car
- destination: Bettmeralp, valley station of the Bettmerhorn gondola
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Bettmeralp, top station of aerial cable car
Bettmeralp, valley station of the Bettmerhorn gondola
Bettmeralp Bergstation Luftseilbahn - Talstation Kombibahn Moosfluh – Scheene Bodu – Bettmeralp
- No walking on the ski pistes.
- Be considerate towards other sledgers.
- Your speed and riding style must match your ability. Sledgers must ride in such a way that they can respond safely to any hazards. They must match their speed and riding style to their ability and to the terrain, snow and weather conditions, as well as to the traffic density
- Stay seated at all times; no riding head-first or lying down; sledges may not be tied together
- Respect the lane of the person ahead. The sledger coming from behind must choose their lane so as to not endanger sledgers in front of them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking
- Helmet and ski goggles recommended
- Appropriate winter clothing and sturdy shoes with a good grip
Get the Moosfluh Sledge Pass to maximise your sledging fun: Moosfluh Sledge Pass Prices
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Betten Valley Station exit. Take the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) up to Bettmeralp.
Large pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Betten valley station. Take the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) up to Bettmeralp.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.