From Riederalp Mitte, head eastwards to the valley station of the Gletscherbahn Moosfluh combi-lift. Follow the path and take after the curve a left turn. Hike up to Gopplerlücke, which is the start of the sledge run. From there you sledge back down to the Moosfluh valley station on Riederalp. Accompanying you all the way down the high-speed sledge run: fabulous views of the Valais mountains. Please note: sledges can be hired at the local sports stores.
- 1,32 km
- 10 minutes
- 166 m
- start: Gopplerlücke, Riederalp
- destination: Golmenegg, Riederalp
Good to know
Riederalp Mitte - Gopplerlücke – Golmenegg, Riederalp
- No walking on the ski pistes.
- Be considerate towards other sledgers.
- Your speed and riding style must match your ability. Sledgers must ride in such a way that they can respond safely to any hazards. They must match their speed and riding style to their ability and to the terrain, snow and weather conditions, as well as to the traffic density
- Stay seated at all times; no riding head-first or lying down; sledges may not be tied together
- Respect the lane of the person ahead. The sledger coming from behind must choose their lane so as to not endanger sledgers in front of them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking
- Helmet and ski goggles recommended
- Appropriate winter clothing and sturdy shoes with a good grip
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Mörel-Filet, then on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Riederalp.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.