Catch the cable car from Fiescheralp up to Eggishorn, the starting point of the hike. At the view point, take the time to enjoy the stunning views of the Valais mountains, the Great Aletsch Glacier and the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, before setting off. Then follow the trail west as far as Elselicka, where you can take in the lovely views of the South Valais Alps! The next stage is the descent towards the mountain station of the Flesch chairlift. From there, pass the reservoir lake as you head back to Fiescheralp, where you take the cable car back down to Fiesch. Please note: The descent from Eggishorn to the mountain station of the Flesch chairlift leads through alpine terrain. Watch out for loose stones underfoot!
Hike from Eggishorn to Fiescheralp via Elselicka
- 4,65 km
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- 4 m
- 2868 m
- 2208 m
- start: Eggishorn, top station of aerial cable car
- destination: Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car
- Street (10%)
- Hiking Trail (89%)
- Path (1%)
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Eggishorn, top station of aerial cable car
Fiescheralp, top station of aerial cable car
Eggishorn – Elselicka – Fiescheralp
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Feel like scaling a peak? At the beginning of the hike, make a brief detour to the summit of Mount Eggishorn (2,926m)!
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then on foot to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher