The starting point of the themed trail is Fieschertal village square. The path takes you through the Lambrigge district towards the Schweizer Familie barbecue area in Brüchergand. On the dinosaur trail, you encounter eight life-size, hand-made wooden dinosaur replicas. Information boards at each location provide interesting facts about the prehistoric dinosaurs. Walk in the footsteps of the Ankylosaurus, Velociraptor, Parasaurolophus, Ornithomimus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Pteranodon, Dimetrodon or Oviraptor. It makes the hike really fun for little explorers and researchers.
Fieschertal dinosaur themed trail – Brüchergand barbecue area – Fieschertal
- 5,32 km
- 2 hours
- 324 m
- 1431 m
- 1107 m
- start: Fieschertal, village square
- destination: Fieschertal, village square
Good to know
- Loop Road
Fieschertal, village square
Fieschertal, village square
Fieschertal (village square) - barbecue area "Schweizer Familie" Bürchergand - Fieschertal (village square)
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
The Schweizer Familie barbecue area in Brüchergand offers plenty of space to sit and barbecue (firewood available), while the mountain stream, stones and rocks are great for playing, exploring and climbing.
Leave Cantonal Road 19 at the Fiesch exit, then follow Fieschertalstrasse to Fieschertal.
There are limited parking spaces (charges apply) at the village square in Fieschertal.
Take the train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then catch the PostBus to Fieschertal.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher
More like this
Hike from Fieschertal to Fiescheralp via Unnerbärg and Lake Märjelensee
A beautiful hike that you’ll really feel in your legs: you’ll tackle a good 1,200 metres of altitude difference on this mostly steep ascent over moraine deposits, rock, and beautiful mountain meadows.