From the public transport hub in Fiesch, walk towards the old valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car and follow the Bregeraweg towards Fieschertal. After the railway crossing, take the path that branches off right and continue via Gibelegg and the Äbiwald forest to Fürgangen. Take the underpass and head to the Goms suspension bridge (which is accessible to wheelchair users and cyclists). From Mühlebach you can either continue alongside the water channel and through the meadows and fields, or via Mosshubel past the gallows to Ernen. Follow the path across Ärnerfäld down to the power station and cross the young Rhone before arriving at the starting point of the tour again.
- 7,51 km
- 2 hours 25 minutes
- 306 m
- 307 m
- start: Fiesch, train station
- destination: Fiesch, train station
Good to know
- Loop Road
Fiesch, train station
Fiesch, train station
Fiesch – Gibelegg – Fürgangen – Mühlebach – Ernen – Ärnerfäld – Fiesch
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
Crossing the Goms Bridge requires sure-footedness and a head for heights.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
<attribute langu="en" name="editorialStaffAdvice">
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, on foot to across the public parking to the beginning of the tour.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher