The hiking trail starts directly behind the Horli-Hitta, near the mountain station of the Eggishorn cable car. Follow the path as it zigzags downhill, as far as the “Gletscherstube, Tälligrat, Märjelen” signpost. Turn off onto the beautifully laid-out footpath over Tälligrat Ridge to the little lake of Tällisee with its beautiful views. From there you continue down to the “Gletscherstube” mountain hut. Take a short detour from here to the “Platta”, an excellent vantage point, to get an idea of how big Lake Märjelensee once was. It is easy to see the deposits that mark the former shoreline. Alternatively, you can walk directly down to the lake itself. For the return journey to Fiescheralp, you have two options from the Gletscherstube: the slightly longer route takes you via Unners Tälli. Or you can walk back to the sunny plateau of the Aletsch Arena through the illuminated Tälligrat Tunnel (Obers Tälli), the last leg of the journey taking you to Fiescheralp.
- 11,16 km
- 3 hours 40 minutes
- 2871 m
- 2135 m
- start: Eggishorn, top station of aerial cable car
- destination: Fiescheralp
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Eggishorn, top station of aerial cable car
Eggishorn – Tälligrat/Tällisee – Gletscherstube – Unners Tälli - Fiescheralp
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Feel like scaling a peak? At the beginning of the hike, make a brief detour to the summit of Mount Eggishorn (2,926m)!
Take Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
By train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then on foot to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher