Starting at the playground in Fieschertal, the route climbs steeply uphill for a short distance until it joins the Laggeraweg. The level path that crosses the hillside now takes you all the way to Lax. It is the alternation of deciduous and evergreen woodland and rocky terrain, of sunny and shady stretches of trail that makes the Laggeraweg so varied. Again and again along the route there are wonderful views of the villages of Fiesch and Ernen to enjoy. One lovely detail is the disused bisse which runs directly alongside the path in places. In years long past, the people of Valais used the bisses as irrigation channels and to supply drinking water.
- 6,30 km
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 140 m
- 208 m
- start: Fieschertal, bus stop
- destination: Lax
Good to know
Fieschertal, bus stop
Fieschertal – Fiesch - Lax
Summer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Benches along the trail invite you to rest. Take time to catch your breath and soak up the amazing scenery.
Leave Cantonal Road 19 at the Fiesch exit, then follow Fieschertalstrasse to Fieschertal.
There are limited parking spaces (charges apply) at the village square in Fieschertal.
Take the train from Brig or Oberwald to Fiesch, then catch the PostBus to Fieschertal.
Get a free panoramic map at the cable car stations and info centres of the Aletsch Arena.
SwissTopo maps 1:25’000: 1269 Aletschgletscher