Suggested walks: tips for magical hikes
With over 300 km of walks, the Aletsch Arena can justifiably be called a hiker's paradise. The most liberating nature experience of the Alps has simply wonderful routes for every hiking enthusiast.
Our suggested walks range from pram-friendly paths to trails through the magnificent Aletsch Forest, hikes between the mountain huts and high Alpine walks with views of the Great Aletsch Glacier. Highlights such as the Aletsch Panoramaweg panoramic trail, Belalp-Riederalp suspension footbridge and the UNESCO high trail make this unique walking paradise even more exciting.
Several hours lasting hiking tour from the cable car station at Eggishorn to Fiescheralp.
The beautiful mountain trail "Vom Gletscher zum Wasser" (from the glacier to the water) passes some magnificent viewpoints and also offers you a glimpse of the past. The historic shorelines of the legendary Märjelensee lake, which often caused flooding in the valley, are still clearly visible today.
It is possible to climb the 2926 m high summit Eggishorn during this tour.
Safety informationSummer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Tips, hints and linksAletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) in front of the Aletsch Arena AG Infocenter.
- Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations