Suggested walks: tips for magical hikes
With over 300 km of walks, the Aletsch Arena can justifiably be called a hiker's paradise. The most liberating nature experience of the Alps has simply wonderful routes for every hiking enthusiast.
Our suggested walks range from pram-friendly paths to trails through the magnificent Aletsch Forest, hikes between the mountain huts and high Alpine walks with views of the Great Aletsch Glacier. Highlights such as the Aletsch Panoramaweg panoramic trail, Belalp-Riederalp suspension footbridge and the UNESCO high trail make this unique walking paradise even more exciting.
Safety informationSummer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Tips, hints and linksAletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Betten Valley Station exit. Take the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) up to Bettmeralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations