Weekend of Traditions Bettmeralp
Cultivated with pride, lived out with joy – that is certainly true of the traditions and customs in the Aletsch Arena. The delightful Weekend of Traditions means that anyone can experience this living approach to history for themselves. Prepare to find yourself transported back to a time when running water and electrical sockets were still something of a luxury.
Saturday, 14 September 2019
Our food, crafts and traditions
- 10:30 Yodeller mass with the AndersARTig Yodel Quartet, Maria zum Schnee Chapel, Bettmeralp
- 11:30 Procession of MG Bettmeralp & Trachtenfrauen, followed by the opening of the stands, Dorfplatz, Bettmeralp
- 15:00 Hornussen for All under the guidance of the Obergerlafingen Hornussen Association. Games of Gilihüsine will also be played. Maria zum Schnee Chapel, Bettmeralp
The following music groups will perform at various locations at the street festival:
- Charlys Ländlerfreunde
- Quartett AndersARTig
- Bettmeralp Music Society
Sunday, 15 September 2019, playing field by Lake Bettmersee
Gilihüsine – Revival of an ancient tradition
The 10th Gilihüsine Meet takes place on the field by Lake Bettmersee on Sunday, 15 September 2019. Whether expert or beginner, everyone is welcome to watch the traditional game, have a go themselves or even enter a team.
- 10:00 Information on the technique and evolution of Gilihüsine, followed by a demo game for everyone.
- From 10:30 Gilihüsine group games (max. 16 groups)
There’s no need to go hungry: hot and cold food will be available at the field.
Everyone is welcome to join us in reviving this ancient tradition.
Registration (participation is free)
Team of 6 persons
by Friday, 13 September 2019
Max. 16 groups
Recommended dress code