From Riederalp West cable car mountain station, bike across to Gletscherbahn Moosfluh. Take the aerial tramway up to Moosfluh view point and enjoy the view of the glacier before starting the tour. Follow a dirt track and a trail – past Lake Blausee and with a view of the Lake Bettmersee – to Gopplerlücke. There, you turn off left onto the level single trail, past Riederalp Golf Course, to the West cable car mountain station. Follow the paved road and then the dirt track that branches off to the left, until it meets the road again. Here, a somewhat difficult but not-too-long single trail branches off to the left to Ried-Mörel. After crossing the village, turn off onto the next single trail at the middle station. This leads you through a ravine with a mountain stream. After crossing the bridge, a few short, exposed sections await you. As soon as you come to the dirt track, follow it to Mörel-Filet.
- 23,03 km
- 2 hours
- 2333 m
- 760 m
- start: Mörel-Filet Valley Station
- destination: Mörel-Filet Valley Station
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Mörel-Filet Valley Station
Mörel-Filet Valley Station
Mörel-Filet Valley Station - Riederalp West mountain railway station - View Point Moosfluh- Riederalp West - Ried-Mörel - Mörel-Filet Valley Station
Use only the marked bike paths and roads and follow the signs. Please close gates and pasture fences behind you. Be considerate of hikers, plants and animals. Hikers always have right of way. Assess your skill and fitness level realistically. Riding the various routes is always at your own risk.
Basic equipment for mountain biking
- Bicycle helmet (poss. enduro or full-face helmet)
- Cycling gloves, elbow and knee pads (poss. back and shin protectors)
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear (poss. MTB shoes with ankle protection)
- Clothing using a multi-layer system with moisture wicking
- Backpack (with rain cover)
- Sun, rain and wind protection (hat, sunscreen, waterproof and windproof jacket)
- Mobile phone
- First aid kit
- Pocket knife
- Navigation device / map and compass
- Sufficient provisions and drinking water
- Air or CO2 pump with cartridges
- Tyre repair kit
- Spare inner tube
- Chain rivet
- Allen key
- Handlebar mount for mobile phone/satnav
- Bicycle lock
Where applicable, a roadworthy (e-)mountain bike with plenty of suspension travel, a bell, front and rear lights and spoke reflectors.
The lists for “basic equipment” and “technical equipment” do not claim to be complete and only serve as suggestions for what you should pack.
For your own safety, you should carefully read all instructions for the proper use and maintenance of your machine.
Please make sure that your equipment complies with local laws and does not contain any prohibited items.
Get the Aletsch Bike Pass! The combined cableway/train ticket gives you unlimited travel in the Aletsch Arena!
Über die Kantonsstrasse 19 bis zur Ausfahrt Mörel-Filet, weiter bis zu den ausgeschilderten Parkmöglichkeiten. Mit der Luftseilbahn Riederalp (Aletsch Bahnen AG) hoch auf die Riederalp fahren.
- Begrenzte Anzahl gebührenpflichtiger Parkplätze beim Bahnhof Mörel-Filet. Weitere Parkmöglichkeiten sind ausgeschildert.
- Grosse, gebührenpflichtige Parkhäuser am Ortseingang von Mörel-Filet sowie im Dorfzentrum.
Mit dem Zug von Brig oder Oberwald bis Mörel-Filet, zu Fuss weiter bis zur Luftseilbahn Riederalp (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Mit dieser hoch auf die Riederalp fahren.