The starting point for this stage is the mountain station of the cable car on the Fiescheralp. Set off on the wide dirt track westwards until you reach the turn-off towards Laxerstafel. Take this turning and after the first left-hand bend, switch to the single trail that branches off to the left. After passing Laxerstafel, you then rejoin the original dirt track, which you follow to its end. From there, a short single trail leads you to the asphalt road, which you follow to its end. Then, take the single trail that continues from there, with a short asphalt section, as far as Betten village.
- 14,84 km
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 129 m
- 1142 m
- start: Fiescheralp mountain railway station
- destination: Bettmeralp mountain railway station
Good to know
- Stop at an Inn
Fiescheralp mountain railway station
Bettmeralp mountain railway station
Fiescheralp mountain railway station - Laxerstaffel - Betten Village mountain railway station - Bettmeralp mountain railway station
Use only the marked bike paths and roads and follow the signs. Please close gates and pasture fences behind you. Be considerate of hikers, plants and animals. Hikers always have right of way. Assess your skill and fitness level realistically. Riding the various routes is always at your own risk.
Basic equipment for mountain biking
- Bicycle helmet (poss. enduro or full-face helmet)
- Cycling gloves, elbow and knee pads (poss. back and shin protectors)
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear (poss. MTB shoes with ankle protection)
- Clothing using a multi-layer system with moisture wicking
- Backpack (with rain cover)
- Sun, rain and wind protection (hat, sunscreen, waterproof and windproof jacket)
- Mobile phone
- First aid kit
- Pocket knife
- Navigation device / map and compass
- Sufficient provisions and drinking water
- Air or CO2 pump with cartridges
- Tyre repair kit
- Spare inner tube
- Chain rivet
- Allen key
- Handlebar mount for mobile phone/satnav
- Bicycle lock
Where applicable, a roadworthy (e-)mountain bike with plenty of suspension travel, a bell, front and rear lights and spoke reflectors.
The lists for “basic equipment” and “technical equipment” do not claim to be complete and only serve as suggestions for what you should pack.
For your own safety, you should carefully read all instructions for the proper use and maintenance of your machine.
Please make sure that your equipment complies with local laws and does not contain any prohibited items.
Get the Aletsch Bike Pass! The combined cableway/train ticket gives you unlimited travel in the Aletsch Arena.
Über die Kantonsstrasse 19 bis zur Ausfahrt Fiesch, der Furkastrasse bis zu den Parkmöglichkeiten folgen.
Grosser, gebührenpflichtiger Parkplatz bei der alten Talstation der Luftseilbahn Fiesch-Eggishorn (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
Mit dem Zug von Brig oder Oberwald bis Fiesch, Bahnhof (ÖV-Hub). Mit der Luftseilbahn Fiesch (Aletsch Bahnen AG) hoch auf die Fiescheralp.